CABLE THEFT MONITORING
The smart cable-theft monitoring solution facilitates real-time alerting when cables are stolen, regardless of whether this crime occurs during the day or at night.
The solution consists of an electrical-board controller and at least 3 cable-theft monitoring devices distributed over the existing power line, no matter how long the branch or the number of connected elements.
A wireless communications module keeps each of the devices permanently monitored via the CLOUD cable-theft control platform.
The line-control devices behave like IoT sensors, ensuring permanent connection between them and the CLOUD theft-monitoring platform. In case of connection failure with of any of them, the CLOUD cable-theft platform triggers an algorithm to identify whether it is a fault or sabotage, activating real-time notifications and alarms. The line does not need to be parametrised in electrical terms (consumption, impedance…).
Remote control is possible for the electrical board, reading of three-phase network analyser, resetting, open-panel detection, and sensor and relay management.
- Comprehensive end-to-end solution without additional developments.
- Modular and scalable.
- Open solution, integrable with external developments on any layer (device, connectivity, CLOUD, or user application).
- Unlimited numbers of devices can be included in future extensions.
- Interoperable without developments with all Smart Solutions by Datakorum.
- Solution based on secure communications networks (WiFi, GPRS, LTE-NB).
- Accessible 24/7 from anywhere and from any terminal (Smartphone, Tablet, PC…).
- Implementation of future functionalities and versions through remote firmware updates.
- Permanent connection between devices and CLOUD, ensuring control of measurements real time.
- All types of alarms and events associated to data received can be set.
The main technical features of the electrical board-controller are:
- DIN rail mounting. DIN6 size. 230VAC power supply.
- Internal single-phase network analyser.
- Reading of three-phase network analyser via MODBUS port.
- 6 configurable analog/digital sensor inputs and 6 relay control outputs.
- Auxiliary battery input.
The main technical features of the line controller are:
- IP65 waterproof rating.
- Power supply 230VAC, and between 5 and 24VDC.
- The device is connected directly to the cloud without intermediate points via WiFi, GPRS or LTE-NB; M2M device connectivity are included.
- TCP/IP protocol in communications between entry/exit control and CLOUD cable-theft monitoring platform to ensure security and compatibility.
CLOUD THEFT-MONITORING PLATFORM
Technical features of the platform:
Use of major standards in IoT industry.
- Use of MQTT protocol for communications between devices and CLOUD platform.
- Use of a MySQL database for quick and easy migration of data to other CLOUD platforms.
- REST-API Server for User Applications ensuring integration and compatibility with major Smart City platforms (FIWARE, ThingWorx, Sentilo…).
Communication takes place simultaneously in three independent modes:
- Event mode: data are sent instantaneously when a sensor from the cable-theft device reaches a value outside the user-set operating range.
- Datalogger mode: the measures recorded by the devices are sent regularly (maximum, minimum and average values for each interval). Measuring intervals and periodicity of data sending to CLOUD can be set.
- Connection monitoring: CLOUD monitors that the device remains connected. Monitoring frequencies can be set, and the same applies to actions to be performed on the CLOUD platform in case of device disconnection.
If connection with CLOUD fails, the devices save the measurements that the sensors keep taking.
The CLOUD theft-monitoring platform is hosted on a remote server from which existing installations and future extensions can be serviced.
We include two business software solutions:
- Mobile App. Developed on Android, it is intended as a maintenance, configuration and commissioning tool for entry/access control devices.
- Web application. Devised as a control and management tool.